Friday, November 2, 2012

We Are Not Alone

I've only glanced at American Ghosts, but they seem to take their ghost signs/faded ad art pretty seriously.  Some great shots, even though they misspelled "Cincinnati".

Right on the front page, in the introduction, they refer to a cigar ad in Prescott, Arkansas, that makes me wonder if this one in Camp Washington is related.

This one, you've seen, in a previous entry.  I thought I'd try a new camera out today, and also post a pic of what's on the other side of the same building:


And this one, at 7th and Main... I've been eyeballing it for a while. I was pretty sure I'd collected this one last year, but apparently not.  There's no record of it in my files. 

Although, I suspect, I may have tried to do something arty with the Quaker Oats sign, on the north side of the Dennison Hotel, and failed, throwing the whole thing away, and forgetting to capture this solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment