Friday, November 30, 2012

The Big O

The Old Market, Omaha, Nebraska.  It's a former warehouse district that's been gentrified.  It's been a cool hangout for years, and it wasn't until I hit it on this trip that I knew how cool.
 
Because of the signs.  I knew I'd find a couple, but, jeez.  I felt like a big game hunter who stumbled upon a nature preserve.

My host for the day, D.L. Hudson, was kind enough to not only drive me to the Old Market, but was also patient as I got giddy over faded paint on old brick.
 
And soon, he was pointing out signs, like this Schlitz "doormat", comparing it to a Toynbee Tile.
 
Many more Omaha signs coming... 

1 comment:

  1. The way you're describing this area sounds exactly how I felt in the Warehouse District in Cleveland a few weeks ago. Almost too many ghost signs!

    The Schlitz "doormat" is awesome.

    ReplyDelete